Our school community came together in a big way during December’s 12 DAYS OF GIVING when we collected critical need food items and gifts for Project 150 that were given to the Las Vegas Valley’s homeless teens. Now, we’re asking you to Purge for Prom!
Attending high school prom is a right of passage, but often is the last thing on the mind of a homeless, displaced or disadvantaged teen student. These teens are often faced with circumstances like where they are going to sleep that night, or how they are going to finish their homework and also help care for younger siblings… not necessarily what they are going to wear to prom. Prom is a huge part of the high school experience and a great way to help motivate students to stay in school. This is where we can help!
Now through March 13 at HIS, we are collecting gently used clothing and items that can be worn to prom. Our collection will then be transported to Zappos’ headquarters for a FREE Formal Prom Shopping Day to be held on March 18!
How can you help? You can help us by donating the following:
New or Gently Used
LADIES/JUNIORS: DRESSES * SHOES * PURSES * JEWELRY * MAKEUP * HAIR IRONS
MENS: SUITS * TIES * SHOES * ACCESSORIES
While we are focusing our attention to the above list, we will also collect new undergarments, make up brushes, and hair products, as well as gift certificates to restaurants, limos, florists, dry cleaners, and prom attire rentals. Additionally, hair, make up, nails, and seamstress professionals are needed for the Prom Closet event day, March 18, 2017.
All donations are tax deductible under Project 150’s 501(c)3 Non-Profit Number 45-6645161.
ITEMS WILL BE COLLECTED AT HIS NOW THROUGH MARCH 13 AND DELIVERED TO PROJECT 150’S PROM CLOSET. PLEASE DROP INTO PROJECT 150 BLUE BINS IN THE LOBBY.
YOU MAY ALSO DROP OFF DONATIONS THE NIGHT OF THE DADDY DAUGHTER DANCE.
ALSO, FINAL WEEK DROP OFFS WILL BE ACCEPTED IN MORNING CARLINE ON THE WEEK OF MARCH 6.
Project 150 also needs VOLUNTEERS!
Volunteers need to sign up/register on http://www.project150.org/brady-caipa-volunteer-center/, and complete the volunteer application form if they are new to project 150 Volunteer Site, and then Log in to Volunteer Portal to sign up for the time slot.
All volunteers must wear comfortable closed-toe shoes. Below are the dates and times we need volunteers- these dates are on the signup website…
- Saturday March 4, 2017 10:00 am – 2:00 pm Organizing – Sizing and racking collected clothes
- Saturday March 11, 2017 10:00 am – 2:00 pm Organizing – Sizing and racking collected clothes
- Wednesday March 15, 2017 11:00 pm – 3:00 pm Moving collected items to Zappos Headquarters / Lifting / Truck Drivers
- Thursday, March 16, 2017 10:00 am – 2:00 pm Setting up racks, benches; Organizing and sorting apparel; Lifting
- Friday March 17, 2017 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm Set-Up – Zappos 400 Stewart Ave./Las Vegas, NV. 89101 / Setting up racks, benches; Organizing and sorting clothes; Lifting
- Saturday March 18, 2017, DAY OF THE EVENT – Check in, Shopping Assistant, Dressing Room, Break down, etc.
- March 18, 2017 7:30 am – 1:00 pm
- March 18, 2017 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
- March 18, 2017 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
- March 18, 2017 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
You may also volunteer all day, the volunteer just have to sign up on both times to get all day.
Please make PROM possible for more than 1,500 ladies and gentlemen who will attend this annual event and shop for FREE with a high school I.D. at Las Vegas Prom Closet, presented by Project 150 and Zappos.com.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!